Hispanic Cheese Snack Innovation from Nuestro Queso
February 2017 – Midwest Dairy Association Newsletter
Snacks are outperforming the consumer packaged goods category as a whole in all channels according to the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board’s custom IRI database. Americans continue to eat-on-the-go, but now they are looking for snacks that enable them to not have to sacrifice taste or nutrition. In response to consumers need to add high-quality proteins to their diets while on the go in a convenient and delicious way without sacrificing nutritional value or taste; Nuestro Queso launched Oaxaca Cheese Snack Sticks in a Grocery/Club size and a C-store size in 2016.
Oaxaca cheese is Mexico’s most popular cheese because it melts and strings like no other when heated, forming delicious long strings when pulled. Nuestro Queso Oaxaca (Wa-ha-ka) is a semi-soft cheese, similar to un-aged Monterey Jack, but a mozzarella-like string cheese texture. It is named after the state of Oaxaca in Southern Mexico, where it was first made. Nuestro Queso Oaxaca is the leader in the category, having recently won two Gold medals, one for “Best Hispanic Melting Cheese” at the 2014 American Cheese Society competition and the other in the US Championship Cheese Contest in 2015 for its outstanding quality and taste.
- Cheese has a post-pandemic recipe for success
- Hispanic Cheese Makers-Nuestro Queso celebrates facility expansion as company grows
- Hispanic Cheese Makers-Nuestro Queso Celebrates Plant Expansion
- Hispanic Cheese Makers’ fabulous food plant sets the bar for reducing waste
- Cheese Market News: HCMakers Positions Itself As Leader In Authentic Cheese Offerings, Sustainability